A big, warm welcome to Positive People & Hopeful Families from our teams across Cornwall, Devon, Somerset & West Yorkshire!
If you’re reading this, you must be curious as to who we are and what we can offer you.
Here at Positive People & Hopeful Families, we offer a lifeline to people who are not in work no matter what the reason. If life is not working out for you, we are here to help you build your confidence, skills and give you a sense of hope for YOUR future.
We believe that no individual barriers should stand in the way of what YOU want to ACHIEVE. We provide personal 1:1 support that will help you to move forward with life.
We can also help you get involved with new and exciting activities that can help to build your confidence and meet new people. This includes:
- Capturing the moments that mean most to you with PHOTOGRAPHY
- Getting TECH SAVVY and joining one of our helpful DIGITAL SUPPORT groups (forget throwing your computer out of the window just yet!)
- Pushing yourself & feeling exhilarated with MOUNTAIN BIKING
- Learning how to become a dab hand at BAKING (who doesn’t love cake, right?)
- Enjoying MUSIC & taking up a new HOBBY
- Letting your hands do the talking and EXPRESSING yourself with various types of ART
- Meeting some new FRIENDLY FACES and VOLUNTEERING in YOUR COMMUNITY!
- LEARNING NEW SKILLS no matter what your academic background!
We know that life can hit us hard, and we realise support and guidance can sometimes require more specialised help (so please don’t be afraid to ask!). We can help with anxiety and isolation, access to benefits or housing and financial advice. As you move through our tailored programme we can also support you with preparing for work.
The Positive People & Hopeful Families projects are funded by the Big Lottery Fund and the European Social Fund.
We only ask that YOU meet the following:
Positive people Cornwall: over 18 and not in employment
Positive people Devon: over 25 and not in employment
Positive people Somerset: over 18 and not in employment
Hopeful families West Yorkshire: over 18 and not in employment, but we can also help if you are between 16-18 and not in education, employment or training.