- Camelford/ Wadebridge– The Bungalow, Sir James Smith’s Community School, Dark Lane, Camelford, PL32 9UJ, [email protected], Weds-Thurs 09:00-12:30.
- Bude/ Launceston– The Greggson Centre, New Road, Stratton, Bude, EX23 9AP, [email protected], Mon-Fri 09:00-15:30.
- Falmouth– Tregenver, Tregenver Road, Falmouth, TR11 2QW, [email protected], Mon-Fri 09:00-15:30.
- Helston/ Lizard– Church Hill, Helston, TR13 8YQ, [email protected], Mon-Fri 09:00-15:30.
- Liskeard/ Looe/ Callington– Laity House, Higher Lux Street, Liskeard, PL14 3DJ, [email protected], Mon-Fri 09:00-15:30.
- Newquay/ Bodmin– Tolcarne Road, Newquay, TR7 2NQ, [email protected], Mon-Fri 09:00-15:30.
Levels E, 1 and 2 are funded for participants in reciept of JSA or ESA (they will be requested to sign a self-declaration), those in reciept of other benefits may be eligible for funded courses but please check with Cornwall Council directly.
Majority of classes beginning Jan 2019.
Place Category: Free Training Provision
- 1. Beauty and Complimentary Therapies 2. Counselling
Beauty and Complementary Therapies:
- Level 2 Diploma in Beauty Therapy- All theoretical and practical skills needed to become a beauty therapist, Bude and Camelford.
- Level 2 Diploma in Complementary Therapies- Introducing a wide range of practical skills and underpinning theory, Falmouth.
- Level 2 Certificate in Counselling Skills- Provides counselling skills to help and support others, an introduction to the topic, Bodmin, Camborne, Camelford, Falmouth and Newquay.
- 3. Art and Craft
Art and Craft Courses:
- EL 3 Introductory Award in Art- A short taster course taking participants through a number of drawing and painting techniques, the focus ill be on introducing a medium and exploring why and how to use it, St. Austell.
- EL3 Introductory Award in Illustration- This short taster course will take participants through a number of illustration techniques, participants will select a final project to bring together what they have learned, St. Austell
- EL3 Introductory Award in Jewellery Making- This is a short taster course introducing jewellery making techniques and how to use them, Bude and Falmouth.
- EL3 Introductory Award in Textiles- This course will take participants through simple textiles techniques e.g. threading a machine and using a number of stitches, stitching by hand, identifying different types of fabrics and how they can be used, Liskeard.
- Level 1 Award in Ceramics- Participants will learn how to build a portfolio of samples using different techniques including preparing clay and using coil, slab, throwing, glazing and firing techniques, Falmouth.
- Level 1 Award in Fashion Techniques- Particpants will learn how to make a simple blouse or top and other clothes items, from this participants will develop a wide range of practical skills using techniques in the planning, construction and presentation of the finished garments, Bodmin, Bude, Falmouth and Liskeard.
- Level 1 Award in Art and Design: Drawing and Painting- Covering a number of drawing and painting techniques including charcoal, pastels, watercolours and acrylics, looking at artists and approaches e.g. still life, landscape, figurative work and imaginative compositions, Bodmin, Bude, Camborne, Liskeard and Newquay.
- Level 1 Award in Art and Design: Jewellery- Participants will learn how to build a portfolio of samples using different techniques and media to create jewellery, Bude.
- Level 1 Award in Photography- Participants will be introduced to both the technical and creative elements and develop a portfolio that evidences use of the camera and all the controls, menus and software, Bodmin.
- Level 1 Award in Textiles- Participants will build a portfolio of samples using different techniques e.g. dyeing fabric, simple printing techniques, free machine stitch, building layers and designing their own piece, Falmouth.
- Level 1 Certificate in Art, Design and Creative Studies: Printmaking- Participants will learn how to develop ideas creatively through exploration in both relief and screen printing techniques, Bude.
- Level 1 Certificate in Working with Fused Glass- Participants will practice cutting skills, layering with inclusions e.g. foils, frits and stringers, hot glass firing techniques will be used to join and slump glass into moulds, Falmouth.
- Level 2 Award in Textiles- Participants will be constructing pieces, creating coloured tectured fabrics with dyes, distressing/ distorting pieces and 3D tectiles, Falmouth.
- Level 2 Extended Certificate in Music Technology- Participants will learn how to create, record, edit and arrange music including settin gup and operating midi sequencing software to create music, the use of multii-track mixing techniques and sound effects, using microphones in music production and location recording, Bodmin.
- 4. Accounting and Business 5. Education
Accounting and Business:
- Level 1 Award in Bookkeeping- Provides participants with an introduction to dounle entry bookkeeping practices and to process source documents that underpin accurate record keeping, this course is for participants with little to no prior knowledge, Bodmin, Bude, Falmouth, Launceston, Liskeard and Newquay
- Level 1 Award in Computerised Bookkeeping using Sage- Bodmin, Bude, Falmouth, Launceston and Newquay.
- Level 1 Award in Computerised Payroll using Sage- For participants who want to gain an understanding of basic payroll procedures or who wish to become payroll processors, participants will learn how to calculate information for processing, how the PAYE system works and requirements for REal Time Information submissions, Bodmin, Falmouth, Launceston, Liskeard, Newquay.
- Level 2 Computerised Bookkeeping using Sage- Participants will gain the knowledge to set up a computerised accounting system including entering opening balances and setting budgets, process day to day transactions and month end routines e.g. journals, reconciliations and financial statements, Bude and Liskeard.
- Level 2 Certificate in Bookkeeping- Participants will learn how to adjust ledger accounts based on a trial balance date, produce an accurate trading, profit and loss account and balance sheet, Bodmin, Bude, Falmouth, Liskeard and Newquay.
- Level 2 Certificate in Introduction to Principles of Crimonology- This course is designed as an introduction to the study of crimonology and participants will explore some of the main questions surrounding it, it will also offer an insight into th emain concepts and theories in the field, Bodmin (starting June 2019).